How does one prepare for your bone density test?
- Please stop calcium tablets 24 hrs prior to the test
- Patients should wear clothing with no metal, no zippers, no wired bras and all jewellery should be removed.
- YOU CAN EAT, DRINK & TAKE YOUR MEDICATIONS AS USUAL
- Please bring your valid health card, signed requisition form by the doctor & list of medications
What are the contraindications for a bone density test?
- We cannot do the test if you are pregnant.
- If you had a dye (contrast media) injected from a CT or MRI procedure; any GI series; a barium study; or a radioisotope injection in the past week, please reschedule in 3 weeks time as these substances may interfere with the test results